At Brightmind.AI, you are surrounded by exceptionally talented and purpose-driven individuals with the joint vision of nothing less than changing the world. As a member of our bright team you will disrupt neurotechnology – one of the most exciting fields of the next decades.
We leverage cutting-edge research to develop vastly better solutions for the greatest challenges to brain health.
Mission-driven and with extensive international experience in MedTech, neuroscience, and AI, we have swiftly raised significant public and private capital and are currently at the most exciting point in the life of a startup: launching the moonshot. Help us build the business and grow the team to advance our innovations and bring them to the masses.
YOUR ROLE: Industrial Designer
You will complement our team of engineers by designing and developing our medical-grade brain stimulation device, iterating from first prototypes to serial-manufacturing ready products. For that, it is essential to co-locate with the team in Vienna, Austria – but we value performance and value-creation over facetime.
WHAT YOU WILL DO: Design & build smart brain stimulation headsets for at-home use
- Design and build a lightweight headset for TMS-compatible EEG electrode circuits and microphones – optimize for UX
- Drive the process of developing our prototype into a scalable, consumer-ready MVP
- Own the creative direction for the aesthetics & ergometric of our high-tech medical device headwear
- Ensure Customer-Centered / Design Thinking (Prepare journey maps, procedural maps, and detailed task analysis, conduct UX testing, etc.)
- Own the human factor engineering from requirements to implementation
- Interaction with manufacturers to ensure mass production feasibility of the final designed prototype
Collaborate with regulatory, electrical engineering, and founding members to find pragmatic and compliant solutions to iterate quickly
YOUR PROFILE: Drive & Ownership
- 4+ years of experience in hands-on hardware product design, including a portfolio demonstrating the relevant industrial design skills from concept to execution
- Excellent knowledge of relevant tools (Adobe Suite, 3D programs/Rhino, Keyshot, etc.) as well as capability for freehand sketches
- Degree in industrial design or a related field
- Experience in rapid prototyping to showcase and communicate ideas
- Strong costumer focus & ability to empathize with customers’ needs and problems
- Solutions-driven personality and high creativity
- Can-do attitude
- English proficiency
- Professional experience in an (in-house) agency and/or in an international environment is an advantage
- Experience in Human Factor Analysis
Degree in (Electro-, Bio-) Mechanical Engineering or Neuroengineering
- Released at least one medical product to market (IEC60601, ISO 13485, HE75)
- Experience with product development of headsets
Experience working with dry EEG electrodes
- Work permit for the EU
YOUR BENEFITS: Gain deep and hands-on experience in the vivid and fast-growing field of neuromodulation with personalized and highly innovative solutions
- Be at the forefront of the NeuroTech industry in a small, but fast-growing team
- Ride a steep learning curve
- Access world-class mentors
- Earn equity and create value for yourself
- Enjoy the advantages of a meritocracy with regards to days off or working hour schedule
- Co-locate with ergonomic furniture in an exciting prime office location in the city center of Vienna
- Enjoy free coffee, brainfood, drinks, and brain stimulation experiments 😉
This is a unique opportunity to join an early-stage, venture advancing closed-loop non-invasive brain stimulation to address unmet and globally relevant clinical needs. You will join a highly competent team supported by seasoned MedTech experts, outstanding advisors, and world-leading scientists.
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier (and more exciting) place. It’s an opportunity to unlock a career in an outstandingly fascinating industry – a nucleus of what is to become a globally important company. At Brightmind-AI you will join a culture driven by excellence that helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones.
ABOUT US: Private and public capital-backed technology enthusiasts
Brightmind-AI is an Austrian MedTech startup founded in Fall 2022 that brings clinically proven, self-learning neuromodulation to everyday life. With its ‘closed-loop’ non-invasive brain stimulation technology, Brightmind-AI personalizes stimulation and continuously improves the efficacy of therapies to the central nervous system. The competitive advantage is based on this continuous learning cycle and proprietary designs of an effective stimulation technique.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.
WHAT WE VALUE: Bright minds
- Driving change in the field of neurotechnology, rapidly
- Working on a cause that one can be proud of
- Intellectual integrity
- Taking ownership
- Having fun
WHAT WE OFFER: Meritocracy
- Significant equity
- Market compensation – readiness to tailor to your experiences & preference